Friday, May 25, 2018

Baby #3: Gender Reveal

Since finding out we were having another baby, Elizabeth was very excited about doing a  big "gender reveal" to find out if it was a boy or girl.  We decided to do something smaller for the kids.  So on March 13 (after finding out the sex from bloodwork), we made two balloons; one pink, one blue.  We had the kids sit down to see which balloon Dad would pop!! Yay!! The only problem; James had no idea what we were doing or the significance of any of it and Elizabeth was scared that it would be soo loud and therefore, cringed the entire time.  It was still fun to see their confusion and then reactions.
 
IT'S A BOY!
After the "reveal" of blue confetti, Elizabeth looked at me and said, "Wait so... is it a girl?"  We had to reexplain that pink was girl and blue was boy.  She was a little dissapointed but very excited to have another brother.  James was in denial and kept saying, "It's a GIRL! I'm going to have a brother."  Ben and I are both excited; I am a little scared because James has been hard lately but I am also excited for him to have a companion.  Ben just keeps saying, "The Newson curse lives on!" (All the Newson siblings have one girl and then boys.)
 
 



No comments: