The entire week before Christmas I woke up about a billion times every night; I was so excited for Christmas. Growing up we woke up very early and went down to see the stockings and see what Santa had brought us. I remember waking up at 1 o'clock in the morning, going down to see and then going upstairs and back to bed, only to wake up an hour later and do it all again. Now as an adult I cannot help but wake up to see what Santa brought; however in Ben's family we wait until everyone is awake to go in. It has been torturous in the past couple years to wake up and find everyone else sleeping in. I would wake, shower, get ready and be reading before Ben stirred. This year, due to a terrible cold, I slept in (until 7:00) and then showered, got ready and waited for everyone else to stir; yet this year I was not alone (Ben and Rachel woke up early also). We ended up waiting till 9:30 for everyone to be up, yes yet again torture, but it was worth the wait.
Christmas morning was magical; with the sunshine pouring through the open window, silent anticipation and of course, the crowd of presents. We had a great morning opening presents from Santa and our families. I felt spoiled and overwhelmed but was so grateful for all I received.
We spent the morning with the Newson's and then hustled to church early to rehearse for the Christmas Program. It was wonderful to see everyone on Christmas and be able to take a step away from the bows and whistles and really celebrate Christ's birth.
In the afternoon we went to the Stones home to see family and play. Dad got a Wii and we all spent countless hours dancing together and laughing. Again I was reminded how wonderful it is to be with family and what a blessing they all are in our lives.
We had a wonderful Christmas and loved every second of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment